Canadian and U.S. Equities
Any stocks, preferred shares, ETFs, trust units, ADRs, warrants, rights, etc. available on North American* exchanges.
*With the exception of Pink Sheets and OTCBB (Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board) traded securities, which are not tradable.
North American equity and index options.
Looking for a safe way to take advantage of the return potential of the stock markets? Principal protected structured notes can be used alongside traditional investment solutions to diversify your portfolio.
Initial public offerings (IPOs) and secondary offerings, including common stocks, preferred stocks, income trusts, fixed income products, structured notes and equity-linked notes.
Desjardins Online Brokerage offers several Canadian mutual funds to choose from, commission free! Minimum initial and subsequent purchases are $1,000, unless otherwise specified by the fund family.
|Bank of Montreal||BMO||Included||Included|
|BMG Management Services Inc.||BMG||Included||Included|
|Bridgehouse Asset Managers||BIP||Included||Included|
|Caldwell Investment Management Ltd.||CWF||Included||Included|
|Capital Group Funds||CIF||Included||Included|
|Cote 100 Funds||COT||Included||Not included|
|Ferique Fund Management||FER||Included||Not included|
|Canoe Financial LP||GOC||Included||Included|
|Mawer Investment Management Ltd||MAW||Included||Included|
|PenderFund Capital Management Ltd.||PGF||Included||Included|
|RBC Global Asset Management||RBF||Included||Included|
|TD Asset Management||TDB||Included||Included|
Buying or selling a fund:
Desjardins Online Brokerage charges a commission of $32 (Internet trade) or $45 (representative-assisted trade) in these situations :
- Funds held less than 90 calendar days. Fund companies may charge a "short-term trading" fee.
- Funds transferred from another institution and held for less than 90 calendar days.
- The following funds are charged commissions for purchases, sales and switches, and have non-standard minimum purchase amounts: Cote 100, Férique, Tradex and Majestic Asset Management. This list may change without notice.
- The following funds charge commissions for sell orders and are not offered for purchases and switches: Investors, GBC Funds, FMOQ, MD Management, Professionnel du Québec, Stone.
- The following funds charge commissions for sell orders only: Jarislowski Fraser Funds “Series E” and Mawer Investments MGT.
Switches within the same fund family:
- 12 free annual switches per account for most funds.
- Subsequent switches are subject to commissions of $32 online or $45 through a representative.
- The fund company may charge short-term trading fees if you switch funds within 90 days of purchase.
- Short-term trading fees will not be charged by Desjardins Online Brokerage if you switch units within 90 days of purchase.
Some funds can charges different fees.
Some mutual funds carry a deferred sales charge (DSC) :
These fees are charged by the fund company when you sell your funds. The charge decreases over time so the longer you hold the fund, the smaller the fee, until it is completely eliminated after 6 or 7 years, depending on the fund.
The deferred sales charge may be based on the value of the fund at the time of purchase. Below is an example of this type of DSC:
|Sale within the first two years:||5.5% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the third year:||5.0% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the fourth year:||4.5% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the fifth year:||4.0% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the sixth year:||3.0% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the seventh year:||1.5% of the value at time of purchase|
|Subsequent sale||No fees|
The deferred sales charge may also be based on the fund value at the time of sale. Below is an example of this type of DSC:
|Sale during the first year:||3.0% of the value at time of sale|
|Sale during the second year:||2.5% of the value at time of sale|
|Sale during the third year:||2.0% of the value at time of sale|
|Subsequent sale||No fees|
All mutual funds include management fees represented by the management expense ratio ("MER"). The MER is expressed as an annualized percentage of a fund's average net assets.
We invite you to review the Fund Facts document or simplified prospectus for more information on the costs associated with buying, selling and holding mutual fund units.
Desjardins Online Brokerage may receive a trailing commission which represents a fee in respect of the ownership of mutual funds units. It is established according to the type of fund and generally varies between 0.25% and 1.5% of the assets held.
Bonds & Other Fixed Income Instruments
Looking for the security and diversification bonds can provide? Desjardins Online Brokerage has a broad range of securities to choose from (minimum purchase: $5,000 face value). Choose from interest-bearing or zero-coupon (strip) bonds. We offer issues from Canada and Crown corporations, provinces and provincial corporations, municipalities, public institutions, Canadian and U.S. corporations, international corporations and Canadian foreign subsidiaries.
Treasury Bills & Money Market Products
Choose from Treasury bills (Canada, Quebec and U.S.), bankers' acceptances (BAs), bearer deposit notes (BDNs) and commercial paper.
Minimum purchase: $10,000 face value
- Desjardins Online Brokerage charges a commission of $32 (Internet trade) or $45 (representative-assisted trade) if you redeem your units before the 90 calendar days following the date of purchase.