Canadian and U.S. Equities
Any stocks, preferred shares, ETFs, trust units, ADRs, warrants, rights, etc. available on North American* exchanges.
*With the exception of Pink Sheets and OTCBB (Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board) traded securities, which are not tradable.
North American equity and index options.
Initial public offerings (IPOs) and secondary offerings, including common stocks, preferred stocks, income trusts, fixed income products and equity-linked notes.
Desjardins Online Brokerage has over 3,000 Canadian mutual funds to choose from, commission free! Minimum initial and subsequent purchases are $1,000, unless otherwise specified by the fund family.
Save on management fees with D-Class funds, now available on our trading platforms.
By making your own investment decisions, you’ll get the same benefits as investing in A-Class mutual funds without having to pay any commissions. That means getting more value for your money!
Benefits of D-Class funds
- Get a higher investment return with lower management fees
- Benefit from professional investment management
- Buy and sell D-Class funds commission-freefootnote 1
- Invest from as little as $1,000 per fund, per account
- Diversify your portfolio and minimize risk by choosing from more than 500 funds across a range of asset classes
|Bank of Montreal||GGF|
|BMG Management Services Inc.||BMG|
|RBC Global Asset Management||RBF|
|TD Asset Management||TDB|
|Mutual funds available at Desjardins Online Brokerage:||Symbol(s)||Phone||Internet|
|Aegon Fund Managment||AFM||*||*|
|AGF Management Ltd./ Acuity Funds||AGF|
|Arrow Capital Management (Exemplar Funds )||AHP|
|Aston Hill Asset Management||AHF|
|B.E.S.T. Discoveries Fund||UAL|
|Beutel Goodman Managed Funds||BTG|
|Blumont Capital Corporation||HIR|
|BMG Management Services Inc.||BMG|
|BMO Guardian Funds||GGF|
|Brandes Investment Partners||BIP|
|Brompton Funds Limited||CAM|
|Caldwell Invst Mgt Ltd.||CWF|
|Capital International Funds||CIF|
|Chou Associates Management||CHO|
|CI / BPI / Covington / Harbour / Signature / Synergy / Castle rock / Black creek||CIG|
|CIBC Asset Management Inc. (Axiom / Renaissance Funds)||ATL|
|CIBC Securities Inc.||CIB|
|Dimensional Fund Advisors Canada Inc.||DFA||*|
|Dynamic / Marquis / Edge / Power / Aurion||DYN|
|EdgePoint Wealth Management Ltd.||EDG|
|EnerVest Mgt Inc.||ENV|
|Excel Funds Mgt||EXL|
|Faircourt Asset Management Inc.||FCF|
|Fidelity Investment Canada Inc.||FID|
|Fiera Capital Corp./ Sceptre||FIE/SIC|
|First Trust Portfolios||FTC|
|Front Street Capital Inc.||FSC|
|GBC Asset Management||GBC|
|Home Trust Company||HOM|
|HSBC Investment Funds||HKB|
|IA Clarington Investments Inc. / R Group of Funds||CCM|
|Invesco Trimark Ltd. (AIM Funds)||AIM|
|Mackenzie / Cundill /Focus/ Ivy / Keystone / Maxxum / Saxon/ Sentinel / Star / Symmetry / Universal||MFC|
|Manulife Asset Management Limited||MMF|
|Matrix Asset Management||MAV|
|Mawer Investment Management||MAW|
|Meritas Financial Inc.||SRI|
|Natcan Investment Management Inc. (REA funds)||FIA||*|
|National Bank Securities Inc. (Altamira / National Bank / Omega/ Jarislowski / Meritage )||NBC|
|NexGen Financial Limited Partnership||NXG|
|Ninepoint Partners LP||NPP|
|NorthWest & Ethical Investments L.P.||NWT|
|O’Leary Funds Managment LP||OLF|
|Palos Managment Inc.||PAL|
|Pimco Canada Funds||PIM|
|Portland Investment Counsel Inc||PTL|
|Primevest Capital Corp.||ALC|
|Professionnel du Québec||FPQ||*|
|Pro-Financial Asset Mgt Inc.||PRO||*||*|
|RBC Funds / Bluebay / Phillips Hager & North (SR-D)||RBF|
|Redwood Asset Management||RAM||*||*|
|Resolute Growth Fund||RES||*|
|Russell Investments Canada Limited||FRC||*||*|
|Sentry Select Capital Corp||NCE|
|Standard Life Mutual Funds||SLM|
|Sun Life Global Investment / McLean Budden Ltd.||SUN|
|TD Mutual Funds||TDB|
|TDK Fund Management Inc. (First Asset Funds)||TDK|
|Templeton / Bissett / Franklin / Mutual Beacon||TML|
|Tradex Management Inc.||TMI||*|
Buying or selling a fund:
Desjardins Online Brokerage charges a commission of $32 (Internet trade) or $45 (representative-assisted trade) in these situations :
- Funds held less than 90 calendar days. Fund companies may charge a "short-term trading" fee.
- Funds transferred from another institution and held for less than 90 calendar days.
- The following funds are charged commissions for purchases, sales and switches, and have non-standard minimum purchase amounts: Cote 100, Férique, Tradex and Majestic Asset Management. This list may change without notice.
- The following funds charge commissions for sell orders and are not offered for purchases and switches: Investors, GBC Funds, FMOQ, MD Management, Professionnel du Québec, Stone.
- The following funds charge commissions for sell orders only: Jarislowski Fraser Funds “Series E” and Mawer Investments MGT.
Switches within the same fund family:
- 12 free annual switches for all accounts.
- Subsequent switches are subject to commissions of $32 online or $45 through a representative.
- The fund company may charge short-term trading fees if you switch funds within 90 days of purchase.
- Short-term trading fees will not be charged by Desjardins Online Brokerage if you switch units within 90 days of purchase.
Some funds can charges different fees.
Some mutual funds carry a deferred sales charge (DSC) :
These fees are charged by the fund company when you sell your funds. The charge decreases over time so the longer you hold the fund, the smaller the fee, until it is completely eliminated after 6 or 7 years, depending on the fund.
The deferred sales charge may be based on the value of the fund at the time of purchase. Below is an example of this type of DSC:
|Sale within the first two years:||5.5% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the third year:||5.0% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the fourth year:||4.5% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the fifth year:||4.0% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the sixth year:||3.0% of the value at time of purchase|
|Sale during the seventh year:||1.5% of the value at time of purchase|
|Subsequent sale||No fees|
The deferred sales charge may also be based on the fund value at the time of sale. Below is an example of this type of DSC:
|Sale during the first year:||3.0% of the value at time of sale|
|Sale during the second year:||2.5% of the value at time of sale|
|Sale during the third year:||2.0% of the value at time of sale|
|Subsequent sale||No fees|
All mutual funds include management fees represented by the management expense ratio ("MER"). The MER is expressed as an annualized percentage of a fund's average net assets.
We invite you to review the Fund Facts document or simplified prospectus for more information on the costs associated with buying, selling and holding mutual fund units.
Desjardins Online Brokerage may receive a trailing commission which represents a fee in respect of the ownership of mutual funds units. It is established according to the type of fund and generally varies between 0.25% and 1.5% of the assets held.
Bonds & Other Fixed Income Instruments
Looking for the security and diversification bonds can provide? Desjardins Online Brokerage has a broad range of securities to choose from (minimum purchase: $5,000 face value). Choose from interest-bearing or zero-coupon (strip) bonds. We offer issues from Canada and Crown corporations, provinces and provincial corporations, municipalities, public institutions, Canadian and U.S. corporations, international corporations and Canadian foreign subsidiaries.
Treasury Bills & Money Market Products
Choose from Treasury bills (Canada, Quebec and U.S.), bankers' acceptances (BAs), bearer deposit notes (BDNs) and commercial paper.
Minimum purchase: $10,000 face value
- Desjardins Online Brokerage charges a commission of $32 (Internet trade) or $45 (representative-assisted trade) if you redeem your units before the 90 calendar days following the date of purchase.