- About Desjardins Online Brokerage
About desjardins online brokerage
Desjardins Securities is the securities brokerage arm of Desjardins Group. It is an integrated investment dealer that offers an extensive range of products and services tailored to both individuals and to institutional and corporate investors.
Desjardins Online Brokerage, also known as Disnat, is Desjardins Securities’ online brokerage division. Its primary role is to accept, by Internet or by phone, trade orders from knowledgeable investors and execute them quickly, efficiently and at a minimum cost.
Desjardins Online Brokerage also provides investors all the tools they need to trade securities and track market changes on their own. Therefore, the Desjardins Online Brokerage client is entirely in control of his investment decisions, free to define his own investment objectives, risk tolerance and portfolio composition.
In many ways you could say our main product is customer support. It's what we work on the hardest. In fact, 100% of our staff is dedicated to this process in one way or another. Beyond fast speeds, amazing technology, and great uptime records - we realize that we must judge our success on how well we have supported our clients. It's really what matters the most in business today; to be accessible, friendly, and helpful at all times, and to maintain a response time among the best in the industry.
We value customer feedback. Please give us a report card on how we're doing. We want to know the good, the bad, and everything in between. We're listening.
Over 30 years of leadership
- Disnat was founded in 1982, under the name Les Investissements Disnat inc. It first offered reduced commissions on trades of stocks or options listed on U.S. exchanges, where the industry had been deregulated since 1975.
- On April 4, 1983, following the abolition of fixed commissions on brokerage transactions in Quebec and Ontario, Disnat became the very first company in Canada to offer discount brokerage services for Canadian securities.
- In 1990, Corporation Desjardins de valeurs mobilières (CDVM) completed its acquisition of Disnat and integrated it into the Desjardins network. The following year, CDVM changed its legal name to Desjardins Securities. Disnat thus became the company's discount brokerage firm.
- Although at first investors could only place trades by phone, today Disnat receives more than 80% of its orders by Internet.
- In 2003, Disnat launched Disnat Direct, a direct access service giving investors instant contact with stock exchanges and parallel markets (ECNs – Electronic Communication Networks), where they could quickly direct their orders to the best market. Once again, Disnat showed vision and leadership in its field, as it became the first online brokerage division belonging to a Canadian financial institution, namely Desjardins Group, to offer this service for highly active investors.
- Disnat now operates under the name “Desjardins Online Brokerage”.
Why choose Desjardins Online Brokerage
- Because we strive to establish a relationship of trust and quality with our clients.
- Because we continuously innovate to meet our clients' diverse and changing needs.
- Because we actively promote the development of investment knowledge. One of the ways we do this is through our free seminars, many of which are presented by guest experts from various fields. Click here to view our calendar of upcoming seminars.
- Because we care. It's part of our mission.
Desjardins Online Brokerage offers an extremely powerful trading site, complete with user-friendly tools and features for a wide range of securities. You will also find an impressive amount of economic, financial and stock market information to maximize your investing potential.