Extended Hours Transactions on American Exchanges
Take advantage of extended hours trading on US exchanges from 8am to 5pm. To trade during extended hours, just check the "Extended Market" box in the order panel when entering your order.
What you need to know before placing this type of order:
- This feature is available for shares trading on US markets only (NYSE and NASDAQ);
- Only orders with a valid limit price for the day are accepted;
- Stop orders and virtual stop orders are not eligible for extended hour trading;
- When you place your order before the start of regular trading hours (before 9:30am), it is valid with the possibility to modify for the pre-opening session (starting at 8am), the regular session and the after-market session (from 4pm to 5pm);
- When you place an extended hours order during a regular trading session (9:30am to 4pm), it will be valid with the possibility to modify for the remainder of the regular session, as well as the after-market session (from 4pm to 5pm).
How will I know if the order I placed is valid for extended hours trading?
Looking at your current orders, you will see the words "Day-Extended Market" next to those that will participate in extended hours trading.
How do I change or cancel an order placed for extended hours?
You can modify or cancel this type of order exactly the same way as any other type of order from the "Current Orders" panel.
Are there any extra charges for extended hours trading?
No, the normal commission schedule applies. Please see our current schedule.