Discover the new Desjardins Structured NotesSee Structured Notes
Get higher potential returns while your initial investment stays safe
Safely take advantage of the return potential of specific market views with our principal protected structured notes.
The advantages of principal protected structured notes
Principal 100% guaranteed at maturity
Market return potential
Higher than traditional fixed-income products (e.g. GICs), and unique market exposure, tailored by the structure of the note
Liquidity and flexibility
Redeemable at any time with, various terms available, although fees may apply
They are investments with two key components:
- One component guarantees your initial investment will be returned to you at maturity
A second, market-linked component offers the possibility (not a guarantee) of a return based on the performance of the note’s underlying asset and other features
- The underlying asset (or reference portfolio) can be different types of securities such as stock indexe or a set of market securities
- The features, such as participation ratefootnote 1 or return formula, may vary
Investors can redeem their notes at any time, with certain conditions. Fees may apply.
These investments can be great complements to conventional investment solutions. Featuring a different return-risk profile than fixed-income or growth products, they allow you to diversify your portfolio.
The Desjardins difference
A strong leader with over 20 years of experience in the structured product market, Desjardins offers distinctive investment solutions. Each investment solution is structured to use different features (calculation formulas, geographic exposure, etc.) that will optimize your exposure based on anticipated market views.
Desjardins’s investments vary according to market situation while taking into account investor needs.
Below are two examples of structured notes that Desjardins developed based on different—yet specific—market views:
With a higher participation rate
- Specific market view: stable or moderately bullish
- Advantage: offers potentially advantageous market exposure
With an "Optimal Start" calculation formula
- Specific market view: market recovery after a decline at the beginning of the investment period
- Advantage: maximizes the potential return
See the complete list of This link will open in a new tab. Desjardins Structured Notes.
- The participation rate is the percentage of the reference basket's return used to calculate the investment return.